George H. Potter School opened in 1957 serving families from the extreme north end of town. In 1967 a large addition almost doubling the total number of classrooms was completed as the town began to offer Kindergarten.
The school was named for Judge George H. Potter, who served on the Dartmouth School Committee for many years. The footprint of the original building as well as the addition is the same as our sister school, the Joseph DeMello School located in the south end of town.
Due to a reduction of enrollment, we are happy to welcome our Kindergarteners back to Potter School. We currently offer 3 class of each grade level - Kindergarten through Grade 4 and 4 classes at Grade 5. In addition to our 19 classroom teachers, we offer a number of services, both academic and emotional support as well as a variety of therapy services.
The mission of the Dartmouth Public Schools